Welcome to the “Oceanic Combat Group” [OCG] a community that focuses on strong teamwork, in depth and quality training and providing a sense of realism within DCS.
Members are trained from basic formation flying and element integrity to advanced Air to Air/Air to Ground Employment, advanced brevity and a thorough understanding of how to operate as a team. OCG’s training as such focuses on employment and does not actively instruct on individual aircraft, instead opting that members learn on their own with the help of other members.
All training material is based off trusted anecdotal sources and a range of actual doctrine from Air Forces & Navy’s from around the world. Airframes commonly used include the F/A-18, F-16C, A-10C, F-14B, and F-15C.
Oceanic Combat Group, [OCG] initially was an active section of The Australia and New Zealand Tactical Community, or ATC which was an Arma Milsim community which was formed in mid 2015. During early 2017, ATC branched out into DCS with Hells starting the first server almost 6 years ago and running early iterations of “Through the Inferno” (TTI) by deadlyfishes who then formed the now 107th DCS community.
After the server began to gain a following ANZTAC adopted DCS as an officially supported title and started accepting DCS memberships. As membership grew, it was decided to focus fully on DCS and restructure. OCG now runs the only other officially sanctioned and constantly updated TTI missions for DCS and is consistently one of the most populated AU/Oceania servers.
OCG now runs 6 Dedicated Servers
Server 1 TTI Public Server – Caucasus
Server 2 TTI Public Server – mixed maps
Server 3 OCG Training Server (Members only)
Server 4 Dynamic “Pretense” missions Public Server – Caucasus & Syria
Server 5 Dynamic “Foothold” missions Public Server – Caucasus & Syria
Server 7 Event Server with Olympus available
What is TTI (Through The Inferno)?
Through the inferno (or TTI) is a series of Multiplayer PVE missions where you can fly any aircraft against automatically starting air to air and air to ground threats.
If you google TTI you can download the mission for all available maps and play your own offline version of it.
It is great for quick action and for practicing without having to fiddle around with the mission editor. The missions are separated in air to air, air to ground, but also heli missions.
Updated: 5th April 2020
Official Server Rules: (in-game/discord/community)
Please note the rules listed here and are not limited to;
• You must always state your intentions in Discord, Chat and/or on SRS. Always check F10 map for friendly aircraft who are ignoring our comms. It takes two to wreck and that makes you partially at fault. There is a zero-tolerance policy for trolls or people interested in ruining the coop combat experience here.
• We use and recommend you use SRS on our servers All Servers have Auto-Connect enabled
• We have an auto kick/ban system in place for friendly fire incidents. Apologize in chat for any TK issues. Always check F10 map and IFF before firing. If you kill a friendly YOU are responsible for your actions.
• Everyone should at minimum have online chat open with the TAB key. SHIFT + TAB to type. SRS radio is highly encouraged. The rules are simple. If you are doing something that would harm another player’s ability to have fun you probably shouldn’t be doing it.
• General griping / trolling on our servers (discord and other methods of comms included) will not be tolerated. Admins and moderators will take any action that does not represent what an ‘ideal’ enlisted military fighter pilot would do as such as they see fit. Admins are always watching and easily reachable on Discord.
• Use of ordinance on friendly airfields is a bannable offense. There should be NO reason to fire any weapons on friendly airbases. It is understandable that incidents may happen during invasions, however those events only take place after the third hour of server uptime and they DO NOT spawn anywhere near friendly spawns or friendly AI units. Any intentional kills or damage done via use of weapons to friendly AI or players on friendly airbases is will result in a ban from our server. .
• Loading/arming and usage of nuclear weapons is strictly prohibited, especially when used on or near friendly airfields. This is a bannable offence.
• All moderators/admins have the discretion to deal with offenses listed or not as they see necessary. Do not park in the helicopter spawn area, as marked and noted in the briefing images. Feel free to use any other open area parking spots/ramps to park for rearm/refuel.
• This is a combat server. Please refrain from performing aerobatics near friendly airbases (within ~10nm), fly professional and state intentions in chat to notify other pilots. You will be kicked for reckless flying around other players.
• Offensive language, including but not limited to, profanities or a person’s sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
• Again, please respect our admins/moderators. We’re open to discuss any issues you may have regarding the community or the in-game server, but we will not tolerate any disrespect towards the admins, moderators or our community members. If you do not fully understand any of the rules listed above or need more clarification please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via discord or by our forum (oceaniccombatgroup.com.au).
• Banned: If you are auto kicked or banned by an Admin. Put your case forward via Discord/Forum NOT in Chat. Upon joining any over our comms (Discord, SRS, etc…) or game servers on DCS World, means you agree to adhere to our rules listed above, else administrative actions will be enforced against you.
* Aerobatics or high speed fly-bys over airfields or parked aircraft at low Altitudes
* Aerobatics near other aircraft
* High speed taxiing on taxiways
* Ignoring nearby traffic
* Unwarranted close formation flying
* Firing air to air weapons into engagements where friendly aircraft is present and danger close
Applying to join
Applying to join
OCG membership can be a great experience, but our trainers put in a significant amount of time to train new recruits, so please understand that there is a commitment from both sides.
To be considered for membership, we now require that an applicant attend at least ten public OCG events. This allows us to meet you and get an idea of where you are at and your level of commitment. It also gives you an opportunity to see if our group is right for you.
We intake memberships as a class, so it may take some weeks between application and the start of your training.
Please also be aware that we require a minimum level of capability for you to attend an event or apply for membership.
Attendees and applicants must already know how to fly in DCS. At a minimum you need to own and know how to fly a Hornet/Viper/Tomcat/Strike Eagle – including take off, landing, air to air and air to ground weapons as well as how to use the communications instrumentation through SRS.
Although we have multiple squadrons that fly different full fidelity aircraft, applicants for membership need to be aware that all the initial training is conducted in the Hornet so you will need to be proficient.
If applying for membership, you may be asked to pass a basic assessment in the Hornet. Everyone has their own learning pace, but as a rule of thumb we would not recommend applying until you have at least 50+ hours of flight time in the Hornet (preferably at least some of that time on a multiplayer server).
You do not need to know every detail of the aircraft, but you should be able to complete the mission. If you are not there yet, feel free to jump on one of our public servers to practice.
Here is the mission you will fly on your assessment, feel free to download and practice:
We fly together on Wednesday evenings (generally starting 8.00pm Australian Eastern Time) so please make sure you can commit to this time slot before applying.
The training program is significant, teaching you airfield operations, formation flying, dog fighting, ACM and BVR, most of which is performed as a team. Our instructors invest a good deal of their free time to help train new members, so in return we ask that you commit to attending all training sessions on Wednesday nights.
Once your application has been approved you will be accepted as a trainee until you pass your first 2 courses and earn your tags. Repeated non-attendance will be an automatic failure.
We primarily use the Syria map for training. But we do run other maps on our servers as required for event missions.
We do welcome members of the public to join our voice channels on Discord to chat, fly with us, and ask our members on their experiences from the OCG group.